6 December 2020
The 10th Egypt CSR Forum
Intercontinental Citystars Cairo
Under the guidance of His Excellency, President Abdelfattah Al Sisi, to raise awareness of the importance of achieving sustainable development and effective partnerships, thus achieving sustainable growth, and based on CSR Egypt’s adoption of the 17th SDG, the company to organize the 10th Egypt CSR Forum, entitled “We cooperate to build interconnected, developed, smart and sustainable future” on 6 December 2020 in Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel, with the participation of more than 1000 key businessmen, government representatives, in addition to CSR and sustainable development experts.
This year the forum aims to create an interactive environment for all stakeholders to facilitate strategic level discussions, in order to unify visions, make partnerships and providing solutions to the most important issues and topics that will support achieving Egypt Vision 2030. This will be achieved through a number of panel discussions and workshops and bilateral meetings between the different stakeholders.
The forum will also discuss a number of topics to make a social impact in the fields of education, health, SMEs and entrepreneurship, in addition to highlighting the mechanisms of achieving sustainable growth for all sectors and means of integrating informal economy into the formal economy, as well as shedding light on the importance of business enterprises’ participation in supporting the government plan to establish a social protection network for the Egyptian citizen.
It will also address the impact of financial inclusion, digital transformation, development of sustainable cities, sustainable transport and adoption of green economy policies on achieving the desired sustainable development.
And for the first time, the forum will host specialized workshops to discuss the concepts of corporate citizenship, role of media in raising the degree of citizen awareness of the country’s efforts to achieve sustainable development and mechanisms to measure the development impact and identify the latest concepts such as LEED, SASB, CDP, Employee Engagement, SR.
Furthermore, it will highlight the best practices in the field of CSR, sustainable development and the knowledge revolution, especially artificial intelligence and its applications in various fields such as agriculture, tourism, transport and sustainable financing.
CSR Egypt was established in 2015, with the aim of spreading awareness among companies and state institutions on the importance of fulfilling their social responsibilities toward the community.
CSR Egypt plays an important role in creating a state of integration between all community work stakeholders; whether they are government institutions, civil society institutions, private sector companies or experts, through organizing several conferences, forums and workshops, in addition to providing technical and marketing consultations.
CSR Egypt Philosophy is built around bridging between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and development. In addition, we believe that networks and partnerships can be powerful vehicles for change. Thus, our services are designed to spread awareness among private sector on the importance of fulfilling their social responsibilities towards the community.
CSR Egypt also aims to ensure effective and dynamic channels of communication between governmental institutions, private sector and civil society organizations to support the alignment of CSR plans and activities with the overarching national policies and strategies of the government to achieve sustainable development.
Egyptian and Foreign Experts Talks
Second Session: Engines of Sustainable Economic Growth
– Eng. Ibrahim Mahlab, Advisor to the President for national projects
– Sheikh Youssef Khalawi, Secretary General of the Islamic Chamber of Commerce,
Industry & Agriculture (ICCIA)
– Dr. Amany Asfour, world president of the International Federation for Business
& Professional Women, COMESA Business Council
– Dr. Eng. Sherif El-Gabaly, Chairman of the Chamber of Chemical Industries in the Federation
of Industries, and Chairman of the Steering Committee for the Office of Commitment and
Sustainable Development in the Federation of Egyptian Industries
– Mr. Hossam El-Shaer, chairman of the Egyptian Travel Agencies Association Unconfirmed
Moderator: Dr. Mohsen Adel, Former CEO of GAFI
Presentation: Role of media in achieving sustainable development.
Presentation: Private sector role in supporting the country’s social protection programs
Third Session: Role of business community, banking & non-banking sectors in supporting social protection programs
– Dr. Sheikh Ali Gomaa, former Grand Mufti of Egypt
– Dr. Mohamed Omran, Chairman of the Financial Regulatory Authority
– Mr. Gamal Negm, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt
– Mr. Alaa El-Zoheiry, Chairman, Insurance Federation of Egypt Conrmed
– Dr. Mahmoud Khattab, CEO & MDM B.TECH Conrmed
– Eng. Ahmed El Sewedy, president and CEO, Elsewedy Electric
Fourth Session: From Cradle to Cradle: Private sector role in supporting waste recycling system
– Eng. Ahmed Kamal Abdel Monem, Executive Director of the Environmental
Compliance Office and Sustainable Development – Federation of Egyptian Industries
– Representative from the Ministry of Environment
– Representative, Nestle Egypt
– Representative, Cocacola Egypt
– Representative, Henkel Egypt
– Representative, Procter & Gamble
Fifth Session: Global Citizenshp “Youths Speak”
– Ms. Simarna Singh, SDGs Advocate, Youth and Women Empowerment
|Social Entrepreneur| Speaker on Sustainability| UN Youth Ambassador
– Mr. Hassan Ali Ghazali, founder and coordinator of the African youth
Office at the Ministry of Youth, and vice president of the African Youth
Federation for North Africa.
– Mr. Ahmed Fathy, Founder and Managing Director at Youth Leaders
– Mr. Sameh Emad, Organising Partner – External Affairs and International
Relations at the Arab Youth Platform for Sustainable Development, the
League of Arab States
– Mr. Fathy Emad, Founder of Egypt Youth 2030 Initiative