Dr. Ahmed Samir
• Doctorate of Business Administration – faculty of commerce – Cairo University.
Thesis “impact of CSR on employee satisfaction & customer loyalty, an applied study “–with a recommendation to be published for all universities.
• MBA of financial administration, excellent grade, The Arab Academy of financial & banking sciences, May 2011
• BA of commerce, accounting department, Cairo University, May 1991.
Positions & Missions
• Consumer protection agency, Executive Director
• Board member of Competition Authority, upon prime minister’s decree 846/2018.
• Member of consumer protection committee, joint market of countries of East & South Africa (COMESA).
• Responsible for administrative part , EU twinning project (EG10/ENP-AP/HE/15)
• Egypt’s representative in the experts’ workgroup of consumer protection issues, The Arab League.
• Member of the Egyptian-Saudi joint committee 15th &16th round, upon prime minister’s decree 363/2018.
• Member of the working group concerned about “ restructuring & updating the responsibilities of head office of ministry of supply & internal trade, upon the minister’s letter no. 8976/2018
• Member of a committee to establish the organizational structure, financial & human resources regulations of the Supreme Council of Media , upon the secretary-general’s decree no. 46/2017
• Member of executive committee of management of governmental service centers ,upon state minister of administrative development No. 46/2012
• Member of the permanent technical committee to study the technical complaints of the owners of White Taxi participating in the project of replace and renew taxi ,upon the minister of industry & foreign trade no.424/2012.
• Vice-chairman of the committee to draft the new consumer protection law.
• Head of the technical secretariat of consumer protection agency’s board.
• Head of human resources committee, consumer protection agency.
Conferences, workshops, national and international courses .
• UN-UNCTAD workshop on laws & policies of competition & prevention of monopolistic practices, August 2019, Geneva, Switzerland.
• Workshop of the strategic program “WATANY 2030” for state leaders ,March 2019
• UN-UNCTAD workshop on E-Commerce and complaint resolution , October 2016 , Beirut ,Lebanon
• Workshop and mid-conference of the international network of government agencies of consumer protection, October 2015, Manchester, England.
• UN Workshop on market control system and consumer protection in South America, Compal Program ,Peru,March2015
• Workshop on the EU market regulation system organized by TAIEX , The Netherlands, May 2014
• Workshop on how to operate & control the Chinese market and CIQ certificate –certificate of quality of the products exported from China and the availability of safety household and electric tools “, 29/11/2013-2/1/2014
• Workshop on Public administration, school of EU Public Administration, Caserta, Italy, June 2013.
• A study visit to Spain to identify consumer protection systems, March 2013
• Workshop and mid-conference of the international network of government agencies of consumer protection, October 2012, Ghent, Brussels, Belgium.
• Scientific Arab conference on consumer protection, Oran, Algeria, March 2012.
A variety of published articles about CSR (ALAHRAM economy Magazine, Alyoum 7 newspaper, Alborsa newspaper, ANA hawa newspaper, Mufakera Saudi newspaper)
• CSR a sustainable development locomotive.
• CSR…..we are all winners .
• CSR….. isn’t a charity
• Incentives to involve private sector in the societal role